Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Changes they are a' comin!

On Monday I begin going to a trainer that specializes in weight loss. I am excited about this guy because he was once very overweight himself. I think this gives him some insight into what it's like to climb the mountain I have ahead of me. I need to lose 100 pounds....rough to see it in black and white! I am going to document my progress on this blog....let it hold me accountable as I begin my journey. I must say I am a little scared. What will be left? What damage have I done to my body and to my skin? I have terrible visions of nasty hanging skin. Well, let's not think about that now. I guess it can all be fixed right?

One good thing about getting started is maybe my leg will return to normal. About 5 months ago I had a bulging disk in my lower back that pushed on my sciatic nerve, caused numbness in my leg and foot. The feeling completely returned mid-June. I was on bed rest for 3 weeks, but thankfully it corrected itself with medication. However, that leg is really weak and I still limp. Hopefully after a few weeks of training I will be back on my two feet!

On the home front...

School started back yesterday and my baby started 5th grade...her LAST year of elementary school!! eek! It's been kind of hard to accept that she is growing up. She is quite the little lady and already 5 feet tall! So, it's been an emotional week so far and I'm going to have to get a grip. Crying has never been my thing and I have done way too much this week.

I hope this isn't too boring....it will get better!!

No comments: