Monday, August 10, 2009

I am not Betty Crocker....

So, seeing as I have only actually cooked one meal in the last two, three, could it possibly be 4 weeks?? Surely not, but to be honest I can't remember. This week I am going to cook at least 4 meals.
Monday-Meatball Casserole, Salad, Bread
Tuesday- Chicken and Vegetables Casserole
Wednesday-Hamburgers, Baked Fries, Green Beans
Thursday-Chicken Piccata with Pasta and Broccoli

Impressive sounding menu right?? We'll see how it goes...as I said I am not Betty Crocker. My most embarrassing moment as of late involving the kitchen...the hubs made muffins from a mix. They turned out really small and odd looking, but tasted and smelled fine. He went and got the bag, handed it to me and said read this. The bag was from 2005!!!! Holy cow! That means I moved 4 year old muffins from our old house to this one. I got rid of bags and bags of things yet the muffins somehow made the cut. Thankfully all who ate them (Mems had a sleepover guest) survived without incident. So, fyi if you eat old muffin mix you won't die. That is not an experiment I want to try again, I cleaned out the cabinets last night. Nothing else even close to 2005 go figure.


No comments: